In case you couldn't tell by the title, I had an awesome day today thanks to the random happiness caused by one Jesse Worthley. So there I was at work, doing my thing, getting the salad bar ready. Now, we do almost all of our work in a back room next to the deli, so I generally can't see what's going on out in the store. So all of a sudden the deli ladies come over to Amanda and I in the back and ask us if either of us know the young man who's been wandering about, trying to see into the back room and smiling a lot. And then he walks by again and I run out and say something along the lines of "oh my goodness, what are you doing here?" So it was fun. It was just funny how excited the deli ladies were that I had a visitor. So then he came back when I got off at 1:00 and tailed me home. So I took the scenic route. ;) And Jesse, don't worry, I only drive like that on the roads here in town that I know are safe for it.
After lunch and random hanging out, there was the Belmont Stakes, the final leg of the Tripple Crown, though no horse was eligible to win said title this year, which is beside the point. Afleet Alex proved once again that he is truly a spectacular horse.
If ever you visit Brookings and need to eat, you must visit Mad Jacks. There are two locations in town, though the decor is much more fun in the original store on 6th street. But the one near my house is good too. I should know, we tried it out tonight. Though if one has less time or wants something more like a snack than a meal, I would suggest Bagel Works. Hmm, maybe I should just put together a brochure or give tours. ;)
So anyway, Tarzan was on TV so we watched that because it has awesome music and so many great lines. "Is this water sanitary? It looks questionable to me!" ;)
Oh, and I'm sorry we missed the car show here, but it was raining almost the whole afternoon anyway, so I don't know how fun it would have been to walk down mainstreet and see them.
Tonight my parents attended a banquet to celebrate the 50th aneversary of Bethel Baptist Church here in Brookings. This event and other recent events have given me reason to pause and contemplate my churches here in Brookings. But I'll get into that another time, as it is getting late and my dad just gave me some string cheese.
Tired I am.
-Kim
Librarian, You're a grand old
12 years ago

6 comments:
I hope you take care of your Brothers car. ;) Suprise, they can be something that would deffinitely lighten a day.
Take care
Jesse
*cue gollum stealth mode*
hehe...precious, my precious!
*snatches STRING CHEESE, bounds away*
Forgive me, master!
Brandi ;)
*covertly snatches both the gollum stealth mode Brandi, and the string cheese* <3
It sounds like you had a pretty kickin' Saturday! x)
Al
Thanks for the MusiChristian coupon! What did you order? It says I have to order something by 6/27/05, so I think I'm gonna go ahead and order a couple of CDs. Yayness!
Dianna
I ordered the Day of Fire CD. I just love their Rain Dong that's been playing so much lately.
Wow, that was a horrible typo.
Rain Song!
Rain Song!
Rain Song!
Rain Song!
Rain Song!
Post a Comment