Hallelujah, the Lord is good! Ask and ye shall receive! God answers prayer! And all that jazz. I have a summer job! Thanks so much to all of you who have been praying for me throughout this process. It definitely paid off. Let me tell you the story.
Yesterday I had an interview at Hy-Vee, the biggest grocery store in Brookings. Annette really seemed to like me and like my answers to her questions. She really wanted to hire me. Unfortunately, she couldn’t think of any job she had available for only the summer that she could offer me. So she said she’d ask around and let me know within the next couple of days. This, of course, left me doubting whether there was any hope of my being hired there. And since I hadn’t heard back from any of the other places, I was beginning to fear that I might have to suck it up and work at McDonald’s. Not a pleasant thought.
This brings us to this morning. I actually got up at a decent hour today and spent some time cleaning my room and trying to organize all the stuff I brought home from school. I was making a random trip through the kitchen, right past the phone, when the phone suddenly rang. It was Annette from Hy-Vee! She had found a job for me! I’m going to be working the salad bar, keeping it stocked and preparing the food that goes on it. It’s daytime hours, mostly on weekdays! I couldn’t have asked for anything better. I really couldn’t have. Tomorrow morning I go in for orientation and I’ll be getting hours by next week. Apparently the position just opened up and they need me pretty much right away. :D
And if we needed any further proof that this was a God thing, there’s the Dairy Queen aspect. They offered me a job last week with hours that sounded horrible. After taking some time to think about it, I decided that if it was what I could get, then I would take it. I even called them to accept the job, but the manager was too busy to talk and was going to call me back. But she never did. And it was later that day that Hy-Vee called to set up my interview. So it was like because I was willing to take a job that wasn’t what I wanted, God said “okay, now I can give you something better.” Or something like that. I’m not very good at explaining things.
So, again, I just need to thank all of you who have been praying for me and encouraging me through this. If you’ll excuse me, I need to go continue my happy dance.
God bless (and he will!)
-Kim
Librarian, You're a grand old
12 years ago

4 comments:
yay! *gets up and does happy dance with Kim* you got a job! wootness!
About Mickey D's...I read a thing today that a high school valedictorian got his diploma witheld because he said in his speech at graduation, "Thank you (to the high school), for giving us the education and skills necessary to work at McDonald's for the rest of our lives."
Dianna
I'm Glad you were patient and waited for God to work. Pray is such a wonderful things isn't it? :) YAY!! and your working hours that you wanted . Now don't mess this up ;) j/k
you take care
Jesse
Yay for Kim! *juad* Hope you have fun working at HyVee for the rest of your summer.
About your randomly buying Phantom of the Opera on DVD a couple days ago (I know I should have said this earlier but oh well) I hope for your sake you got the right version. If so, enjoy the cast and crew sing-along.
BRANDI - Some day, I shall convince you that coincidence, fate, chance, irony, accident, interruptions, and memory play additional roles in life. It's not ALWAYS "higher powers."
*shifty glances* Is it that obvious that I'm an atheist?
Peace and Love, halfling widget monkey.
Post a Comment