Hmm, interesting things keep happening to me in the morning. Today my Art History class took a field trip to see St. Joseph's Cathedral. It was really cool. I almost wish I was Catholic, just so I could go to that church. Although, it wasn't quite what I was expecting. We've just been studying Gothic cathedrals in class, but this one is a mix of Romanesque and Italian Reniassance architecture. (For those of you who don't understand that last sentence, just smile and nod.) The stained glass and the intricate reliefs were the most beautiful parts of the church. There's also a pretty cool organ in the balcony. And here's the fun part. We were set loose to just wander about and look at the place, so guess what I did. After looking at the transept and the apse, I lay down in the center aisle (which is actually called the nave) to get a different perspective on the place. I think most of my classmates now think I'm weird, but they should have realized that before now. Also, we sat in the pews while our teacher explained the architecture to us, and I spotted a grate under my feet. Can you guess what that made me think of? Of course, Mouse coming up through the grate in the church in the movie last night. And let me just take this moment to say that Ladyhawke may be old, but it's still a good movie.
In other news, this is a day of last things. I believe this is the last Thursday chapel of the year, so I'll be heading there in just a few minutes. Today is also my last violin lesson of the semester. And this evening is my last band concert of the year. Everything is coming to a close. It kind of puts one in a reflectory mood, but I have time to reflect at the moment. I must now off to chapel.
God bless.
-Kim
Librarian, You're a grand old
12 years ago

2 comments:
Its fun to lay in the center of an ilse and look upwards. Its a totally different perspective that what one is used to. The grate!! LOL. any rats? Scandalous!! j/k
Sounds you had a god time on your little trip I hope I gave you a new way of looking at things from watching the movie last night. I still think Goliath is my favorite part of the movie but that is just me. ;)
take care
Wind down and good luck on your Band concert tonight whih starts at what time? 7:00 or 7:30?
I can't remember oh well I'll find out from Mary Fritsen or someone in choir.
I'm so proud of my sister! Being herself right out in the middle of the church floor!
You should know that your random exploits are inspiring to me.
Post a Comment