Saturday, March 21, 2009

X-MEN

For several years now I've contested that the only TV show I could think of wanting to buy on DVD if it were to come out was the original X-MEN cartoon that I watched after school when I was growing up. I mean, that was classic superhero TV. I wanted to be one of the mutants--as a grade schooler. Well, I still think that would be pretty cool, so I guess I haven't changed much.

Well guess what? I learned today that the first two volumes are available for preorder on Amazon! They're not dividing the seasons equally because season 3 somehow has about 10 more episodes than the others. At this rate they should at least be able to put all five seasons out in five volumes. Right now only the first two have been put together and advertised, but I'm hoping that the others won't be far behind. And yes, I already placed my order. The DVDs should arrive just in time for the end of the semester. Check out what one website has to say about the first two volumes here.

And as long as we're on the topic of superheroes, check out this bulletin board on the Emanuel College campus. I walk past it every day on my preferred shortcut to my own campus, and I just can't believe that their student film group could make such an obvious mistake. Can you spot the problem?


-Kim

(Yes, I know this is too many posts to do in one day, but they really didn't seem like they fit together very well...)

2 comments:

Dianna said...

Uhhh....

Other than the question mark at the bottom?

I feel silly thinking it's something more, but I'm pretty sure that's it. I can't believe no one looked at that and thought about it.

Kim said...

It is just the question mark, but it's a pretty vital piece of punctuation. Do they watch the Watchmen or not? Are they unsure, or are they just not sure why? It is a cunundrum...