Wednesday, July 30, 2008

wireless in Minot?

What do you call a dangerous sea plant that is constantly seeking your destruction?

An enemone.

I invented that word on my Scrabble rack last night and really wished I could have played it. At least is made us all giggle. I am currently spending the week with my folks in Minot, ND, visiting my grandma Elsie in her new assisted living condo. It's an amazingly nice place, and I'll probably take some pictures before we leave so you can see what I mean. We've spent our time so far looking at photos and playing Scrabble in the lounge on her floor. It's been good to see her, since I haven't been able to for quite some time.

I know I promised an update blog, but there just hasn't been time yet. what with doing laundry on Friday and having wedding duties on Friday night and all of Saturday, it just didn't get done. But the wedding was amazing, and I'm so glad I could be a part of it. Jesse is practically family (like so many of my close friends), and to play violin at his wedding was as much a gift to my soul as to their special day.

More on all aspects of life later--we'll be heading back to the condo now to look at more pictures, eat in their amazing dining area and undoubtedly play a few more games of Scrabble. Good times.

-Kim

No comments: