Sorry for the long absence. Geoffrey was having battery/power cord issues, and the Mac store ended up keeping him for a week figuring out just how to deal with it. But, with a new used battery and a new power cord to go with the power jack they replaced last month, things seem to be running properly now. And as long as he makes it through the next two years, I'll be happy. After grad school, when my little laptop reaches his seventh birthday, he'll probably just need to be replaced, but for now things are going fine. And the guys at the Mac store were really nice about it all, trading in the bad cord they sold me even though it was past the 30 day limit. And I'm pretty sure they cleaned Geoffrey while they had him, which is nice, and they replaced the missing little rubber foot on one of the corners, so now he sits level again. So nice.
As for the rest of my life, I hope to write a general update later. For now this is all you get, but take heart, with Geoffrey back in my hands and a day off tomorrow, I'm pretty much guaranteed to write.
-Kim
Librarian, You're a grand old
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment