Thursday, October 26, 2006

Much madness is divinest sense--

To a discerning eye--
Much sense--the starkest Madness--

Emily Dickenson, I am so feeling your vibe today. As it is midterms this week, everyone has, understandably, gone completely insane. And I absolutely love it. Tuesday night's study break involved Todd locking himself in our room, and then Adam and Todd together locking themselves in our room. I'm not sure how it became so popular, but it was fun. We also turned the prayer room into Dave's new bedroom by putting Polly's extra mattress on a couple of chairs. And then we all sat on it together and laughed about the stupidest and most random things. I can't help but wonder how insane we'll be come finals week if midterm was this bad.

Midterm tests are behind me now, and I seem to have survived. I still have papers to write, but they look manageable at this point. Genesis still seems a bit overwhelming, but I'm just going to have to work through it. The course listings for spring semester have been posted, and I'm discovering that it has become incredibly difficult to put together a decent schedule. Tomorrow I begin the process of speaking to professors about what I should take now, and what can wait until next year. It's crazy to think that I only have three semesters left to finish my major and minor (I guess I've decided to keep theology, and Dr.s Hiigel and Greg are delighted to have one more).

I've given myself the goal of finishing the reconstruction of my first book by the time my writing group meets this Sunday. I think I can do it, since I'm only about a page from splicing the new into the old. I'm terribly excited to see what the result of this reworking will be for the story as a whole. And I'm excited to see what my fellow writers think of it. Haveing this writing group to hold me accountable for actually working on my story has really given me the push I needed to get writing again. I'm so glad I found them.

Oh, I also think I finally figured out why I don't want to teach English, but that's a rant for another post. Right now I really ought to get back to my etymology paper. Once I have that emailed in tomorrow, I'll be headed home for fall break. Woot! I can't wait to slow down for a few days and catch my breath.

-Kim

No comments: