Monday, October 16, 2006

fiercely treading water


Okay, I really should be writing my American Lit paper right now. Well, either that or going to bed. But I figured that I should at least tell you about the weekend before I dropped completely off the radar. Homecoming was pretty much amazing. Friday night was the scholarship recognition banquet and the variety show. I got to sit by Roger Frederickson at the dinner, which was great--I was afraid I'd get some old donor who would be hard to talk to. Then the variety show was great--the usual silliness and some real talent thrown in. I think the entire freshman class of girls is crushing on Adam after his performance of a song he wrote. He also tied for first prize, though he's been very humble about the whole thing. Sam put an actual saddle on the cougar statue for the cougar ride, which was too cold to be any fun.

Saturday we went flying. Seriously. The Experimental Aircraft Association out of Tea invited us to come take a ride, so we did. It was awesome, except that my ears started hurting. Darn sinus issues! Anyway, we went to the game that night but didn't stay for the whole thing because it was cold. And besides, we needed time to get ready for the dance. Our group went all out for the theme "dancing through the decades." I wore the amazing green dress and Brittany curled my hair, and Dianna was freakishly cool in her 80's garb. I really don't know how else to describe it. The dance itself was probably the best dance I've ever been to, because it was fun the whole time and they only played a couple of rap songs. And everyone kept telling me how amazing I looked, which I actually didn't know how to take.

This morning started far too early. The choir and band both performed at the services at First B. I was running back and forth all morning, but it was actally pretty fun. I don't know how it happened, but I really was awake by the time we started. I've been slowly crashing throughout the day, though. I took a bit of a nap in the comfy chairs in the library basement since nobody wanted any help from the writing center.

And now, I wish you all a marvelous week, because I don't expect to be posting again for a while. I have a crazy number of papers and things due this week, and Tartuffe is this weekend. I will probably go insane, but as long as they don't catch me, I'll be back to my normal life in time for midterm.



-Kim

2 comments:

Dianna said...

you looked amazing, Kim.

chevelleman69 said...

No kidding