Wow, I'm starting to get behind on this whole posting thing again. Oh well, I'm sure you'll forgive me for living my life instead of recording it.
Let's quickly recap the last several days:
Friday was St. Patrick's Day. Now, I'm not a total freak, but I love Ireland and I love the color green, so I absolutely love this holiday. And the fact that it celebrates one of the great figures in Christianity isn't bad either. (If you haven't seen the story of St. Patrick according to VeggieTales, then you really need to. It's on the epsiode The Sumo of the Opera, and I own it. It's actually the most imformative version of the story I've ever seen.) And I was waiting all day for someone to say "Top o'the mornin' to ya!" so that I could respond with the traditional Irish response, which we learned on tour there in January. Alas, few people on this campus seemed to realize that there was any sort of holiday going on at all, and I never got my chance. (While I'm on the subject, bonus points to any of my regular readers who remember the traditional response.)
Friday night we watched Pride and Prejudice for the second time in two days. Thursday was an act of spontaneity, Friday night has been planned for weeks. It was this month's Sigma Tau Delta event. Funny thing was, non-members outnumbered members this time. Oh well, the point was to get the campus involved. I absolutely love that movie. No, I'm not going to turn all girlie on you, but I will proudly admit to liking chick flicks, this one in particular. Although, I'm at least as enamored by the soundtrack and the scenery as I am with the thought of Mr. Darcy. Does that grant any comfort to those out there who were begining to fear for my tomboy identity? Good. ;)
Friday night was also game night here in Sullivan. It had a slow start, but it turned out to be quite fun. I like playing DDR, even though I'm not very good at it.
On Saturday I slept a lot. And I mean a lot. I didn't get up until noon, and then I took an afternoon nap. After visiting Dianna's parents for an impromteau dinner, I decided to opt out of a dance over at Augie which was apparently a great deal of fun. Oh well. I practiced for Monday's departmental and went to bed at a decent hour instead. Sometimes a person just has to make selfish decisions in the name of health. Oh, and I finally ordered prints of my Europe pictures. Now I'll be able to have them all albumed (I think I just invented a word) and labeled before break to show them to Calless and yhe ladies at work. It took a really long time to upload them, which is why I ended up taking a nap. That, and Dianna was sleeping, which meant I couldn't practice. I love living with Dianna, but some days I wish I didn't have to build my day around someone else's schedule.
Today I've had a bad headache most of the day. It has been a good day nonetheless. This morning I told Allan that I for sure wanted to counsel at high school camp this summer, and he seemed terribly grateful for that. This afternoon we hung out at Chris and Steve's apartment. I was there from lunch time until I had to go to work in the writing center. We watched
Myth Busters and then Ice Age--fun times. Steve cooked us dinner, and it was actually pretty good. And since I now know they have no issues with everyone eating out of the same ice cream bucket, I think I am going to have to make elk pie when Audrey and I cook for them someday.
David and I talked today about his stories again, and I think I'm getting a better feel for them now. I'm excited to work on them, I just wish I could forsee myself having enough time to do them justice. We'll see how things go.
Playing my recital piece relieved my headache a bit tonight, but it still hurts. It doesn't seem like my sinuses are acting up, so I'm beging to fear it may be a stress headache. In which case, it won't be leaving for the next month or so.
Well, this is probably enough rambling for one night. I must return to my reading for Medieval History.
-Kim
Librarian, You're a grand old
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment