This week is the annual missions conference at Park Street Church. Sadly, I don't have time to be involved in any of the extra events throughout the week. However, I was in church this Sunday, when the whole thing was kicked off in grand style with an amazing sermon from Stephen Lungu, International Team Leader of African Enterprise. Basically, what he shared with us was his own testimony, but it was one of the most powerful I have ever heard. This man was in a street gang, knifing people by the age of twelve and only attended the church tent meeting where he was saved because he intended to blow it up. It's a long message, and his accent makes some things he says difficult to understand, but it is well worth listening to. I think Dianna and Berty would especially appreciate hearing this man's amazing story.
You can access an audio file of the sermon here, along with an archive of previous sermons.
And as long as we're on the topic, I'll be sharing this link again in a few weeks because N. T. Wright is going to be speaking at Park Street in just two weeks. That's right, be jealous. But don't worry, you'll be able to hear what this amazing theologian has to say only a few days after I do, when the church's tech guys upload the podcast.
And if you'd like a taste of what my usual preacher sounds like, check out October 26, "City of Truth," it was especially good. That was also the week Sherwin was here, and I think he would agree that this sermon about telling the truth in love was both solidly grounded and well delivered.
Librarian, You're a grand old
12 years ago

1 comment:
I get to hear Swinburne on Thursday. :P
Post a Comment