Sorry for the lag in posting. Life has been a little crazy lately. I moved out of my dorm room into Audrey's CB apartment, I finished my time at the park in grand style, and I moved home to Brookings. I'm tired of moving, but I'll be doing it one more time before the week is over. This weekend I had a rummage sale to get rid of some of my dorm things that I didn't need anymore. I hadn't realized how much hassle a rummage sale was, so when people showed up nearly over an hour early while I was still organizing and pricing items, I was very much grateful that my mother came outside to help. In the end, the rummage sale was a huge success--almost $150 in profit. Now I can afford to buy new bedding and towels when I get to Boston instead of packing them. Especially good, since not even half of my current wardrobe will fit in the two suitcases I am taking. Today, as soon as my laundry finishes tumbling in the dryer, I will be playing the home version of "What Not To Wear" and reducing my wardrobe to what works well and will actually fit in the suitcases. Fun times...
This weekend was amazing, by the way. Kevin and Beth came to stay so that I could see them one more time before I left. I love my brother and new sister, and it was great to spend this time with them. Mostly, all we had time to do was eat and play board games, but I loved it. And Sherwin came too! He tried to surprise me by showing up unannounced, but when he called the house the second time to say he was on his way, I answered the phone instead of my mother and ruined the surprise. I guess that's what I get for trying to be helpful. I still love that he came, and that it was meant to be a surprise. I'm really going to miss that boy...
I'm going to miss everyone I leave behind. At least the wonders of technology will keep us all connected via email, phone and facebook. My mom even got facebook to make it easier to keep track of me in Boston! It's great, actually, since now she'll be able to see pictures of what I'm doing more easily that way than any other. I also bought a webcam, which is being shipped to my Boston address and will get there several days after I do. One less thing to pack, thank goodness. Using the webcam should help me keep my phone bill lower (Sherwin is on a different provider, which, sadly, makes the minutes disappear very quickly.). Which reminds me, this afternoon we're going in to renew our plan and upgrade my phone. I'm pretty pumped about that.
The next post will more than likely come from Boston, unless I go stir-crazy on Thursday waiting to leave. I covet your prayers as I travel and get adjusted to city life. I'm not actually too worried, since I know the Chicago airport pretty well and will be met by Katie when I arrive in Boston, so as long as my flights are on time we should be golden.
-Kim
Librarian, You're a grand old
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment