Wednesday, September 13, 2006

getting into the swing of things

College life is so random. I love it. Last night, coming back to thr dorm from the library, I ran into a girl who remembered meeting me at Camp Judson about four years ago. It took us a while to figure out that was why she knew me. It was very confusing at first, because she knew she knew me, but she couldn't remember who I was or why she should know me. Once she said her name was Ivy, I knew she had to be a Judson girl--you don't meet very many Ivys.

Yesterday I had the most amazing time doing my homework. Yes, you read that correctly: I had fun doing homework. You see, Jesse and I both had a lot of reading to do, so after choir we went out to the falls. I gotta say, reading Tennyson on a red sandstone cliff with water cascading nearby is quite the experience. Of course, the planes coming in to land were a bit distracting, but it was a good time. Jesse did gripe a bit about climbing down to the spot I wanted to be at, but that's his own fault for bringing a lawn chair.

After everyone had finished their homework we decided to watch a movie. Jess was on duty, so I let her search my movie shelf and we ended up with Brothers Grimm. The people who had never seen it before were understandably confused and creeped out. I couldn't stop laughing at their reactions and Ian's constant chorus of "what sort of movies do you people like?" Sam was quoting the whole thing, which was somewhat annoying, but it was good to have a vocal ally.

I need to work on getting up early again--I keep sleeping in until 8:30. But now it's time to practice--I have my first violin lesson tomorrow.

-Kim

No comments: