Monday, August 21, 2006

Wow, I'm forgetful tonight.

I totally had something to say when I got online to write a blog. Really, I did. But now I can't really remember most of it. So for once, you may actually get a short entry.

I got my teeth cleaned today. My usual dentist wasn't there, so I had the older lady who hurts more and doesn't actually know me. And then the head dentist came in at the very end because it's been a year since he last checked my teeth himself. He was utterly amazed at the ammount of recession in my gums. But there isn't anything they can tell me to do because I already bought the fancy toothbrush they push, and I floss every day and use the rinse they like best, and do everything I'm supposed to. And yet my gums are inflamed and recessed. Someone please tell me how this makes sense.

So that's how my day started. After that I felt in need of something happy, so I puttered around the Brookings Book Company on Main. There are cats there and the black one followed me around the whole time because I would stop and pet him. I bought a couple Michael Chriton books (since his were all half-off) and the book Wicked. It's the book the musical is based off of, so I'm really excited to read it. Of course, don't count on me having time to do that any day soon. I am, after all, writing my own book and reading another already. You know, in spite of all the hype about it, I'm finding Eragon to be a slow read and suprisingly easy to put down. I mean, it's not outright bad, I'm just not getting into it like I thought I would.

I also got a bunch of pictures developed today. Lately I've been endulging my other love: scrapbooking. But then I realized that I would need actual prints of nearly a year's worth of digital photos for that to be possible. So I went through iPhoto and selected 92 of the very best pictures to be developed. Let me tell you, I have not been so excited about something for a while. I LOVE getting prints of my photos. I mean, it's great to see and share digital copies of my favorite shots, but there's just something about holding the print in my hands that makes it all so much more rewarding. Plus, now I can crop them with fun scissors and paste them on pretty paper! But for now I'm resisting the urge to plunge right into it. i've still got quite a bit of writing to do, and I was really on a roll before dinner. Time to go back to the forest!

-Kim

3 comments:

Dianna said...

You make me laugh, Kim.

NEXT WEEK!! YAY.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim, isn't Wicked the book thats supose to be based on the Wicked Witch of the West? if it is, i've read it, but I didn't like it mostly becuse I love he OZ stories as a fairy tale and I thought the writer put to much real life into the land of OZ, Made it to much lke the real world and not at all like the innoccent world of OZ. But thats my opinion, you will have to know what you think after you read it and i would like to discuss it with you. As for Eragon i loved it but it does take a bit to get goign, I'm excited for the movie to come out! I went and bought the book on CD so I coud go throug hthe story again beofre hand. also just finished the second book Eldest a few weeks ago, I like it more and it's much more exciting i think. well have good one! Kessy

Anonymous said...

Hey Sorry to Psot Twice but just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Kessy